arun_kanth

ARCGIS 10.3.1 AND SQL SERVER 2014 SLOW CONNECTION ISSUES

Discussion created by arun_kanth on Jan 22, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 15, 2017 by arun_kanth

Dear Friends,

We recently migrated our systems from 10.0 to the most recent version of arcgis which is 10.3.1.

We also migrated our SQL Server 2008 r2 to Sql server 2014. Everything went smooth as far as server migration is concerned.

But the ArcCatalog Direct connection to one of geodatbases ( that has about 2000 feature classes in it) takes about 1.5 minutes just to be able to establish connection and view the featureclasses/tables from catalog.

This is very frustrating,  as the old 10.0 version would only take about 30 sec and if you close catalog and connect to database again it takes about 6 secs. But in the newer version it just takes forever no matter you are connecting it for the first time or second time. I raised this issue with esri and they agreed  and categorized my case as a BUG in their system.

The bug details can be found here

Bug BUG-000081116:Optimize the TableListTables command or query involved in enterprise database connections.

I'm wondering if anybody else had faced this problem before,  and had some workarounds. Pleas share your thoughts.

Regards

Arun

Outcomes