Raster

01-22-2016 08:01 AM
AugustEagles
New Contributor

hello when I use the raster cauculadora I generate an image like the picture below, but I would like to eliminate the small dots in black and keep only the big ones.
I slice is possible or sort the raster image such that I consider starting from a certain minimum amount of pixel?

thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Maybe by changing something in you calculation you can avoid or reduce the small areas. If not then there are several options:

You could use Focal Statistics—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop with a MAYORITY statistics type.

You could use Generalizing zones with Nibble, Shrink, and Expand—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Sometimes converting to polygons, selecting in the polygon featureclass on area and convert back to raster could do the trick, but this is not recommended when you have many small areas

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Another tip, that works sometimes is to use the Shrink/Expand without the Nibble step...Shrink tool... say by 1 cell or 2 cells, then use the Expand Tool immediately after on the output of Shrink.  It tends to get rid of fiddly bits as well

DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

You may be interested in Region Group/Set Null/Nibble, as outlined here: Generalizing classified output by removing small isolated regions—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop