AnsweredAssumed Answered

Where are the 'Build your First App' and other Tutorials for AppStudio?

Question asked by johnmdye on Jan 21, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2016 by johnmdye

So I've downloaded AppStudio and started to toy around a bit and I want to start developing a simple first app. The problem is, I can't find any of the tutorials that normally come with Esri's APIs and SDKs. The "Guide" so to speak, that walks you through the creation of a app, with a map, and maybe a geocoding services, adding a tiled layer, etc. With App Studio, the documentation is either highly lacking or I'm looking in the wrong place.

The First App tutorial for App Studio seems to want me to create the app by configuring a "Featured Template". Essentially go to the AppStudio site, pick a template that someone else has already built, modify the settings ever-so-slightly, test and generate installation files. Really? That hardly counts as building an app.

The template already starts with so much in it and there's no explanation of what any of the files are or what they are for or anything like that. I really want to adopt AppStudio but the documentation is making it really, really hard to get started.

Outcomes