Errors in calculate the cost path

01-20-2016 12:13 PM
MengXu
by
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am a very new learner in arcgis. I want to learn how to create the least cost path. I follow two LCP tutorial from youtube. Least Cost Path Tutorial with ArcGIS 10 - YouTube  and Least Cost Path - YouTube . I use my own data and follow their steps. But each time in the last step, when I use the Cost Path tool, I will have error 000622 and 000861. I am wondering the problem may be in my data. I have DEM data and two layers of starting point and destination point. Initially, the two points layers were created by csv file (with latitude and longitude), but it failed. And then I am wondering these layers are not feature layer (help of Cost Path tool says I need feature layer). And then, I try to use make feature layer tool to create two new layers. But I still had the same error when I use the Cost Path tool.

Would someone please tell me how to solve the problem?

Best,

Meng

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

error 000622  means your parameters are not valid.  You should convert your csv files definitely and you should be working with projected data not data in geographic coordinates..  More details on your inputs including paths, extents, your cost raster etc are needed.