Not All Records are Publishing to ArcGIS Online

01-21-2016 11:13 AM
MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to publish a feature from a file geodatabase to ArcGIS online. This feature contains 611 records, however when I publish it to my organizations online account, only 510 records appear. I don't understand, the maximum records allowed is set to 1000 in the publishing window. Everything seems to be in working order and I recently published a similar layer containing almost 3000 records with no problem. Any insight to what might be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Try running the Check Geometry geoprocessing tool and then Repair Geometry if there are errors (ensure you make a backup of your data before running the repair).

MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

I went ahead and did the check, which found a few errors. Created a duplicate feature (and geodatabase) and ran the Repair Geometry tool. unfortunately I'm still having the same problem. The rest of the features appear to be correct in geometry and I can't find anything within the attributes that's preventing these 101 features from publishing.

Thank you for the suggestion Kyle.

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP

What method are you using to publish?  Via ArcMap or Add Item in ArcGIS Online?

MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

I'm publishing through ArcMap.

0 Kudos
CathyWilson
New Contributor III

I'm having the same problem. I have a very simple point layer in an ArcGIS Map. I'm Publishing it as a Service and when I look at it online, I'm missing a lot of records. I'm working with under a 1,000 records and I tried using a Definition query to include only the records I really need. On my latest test, 15 out of 51 records were uploaded. One test was with about 67 records and 31 uploaded. The whole feature class only has 177 records, so the 1,000 record limit should not be coming into play.

Then I tried Adding the layer from AGOL (Thank you Kyle for the idea.) and was able to upload all 177 records. (It required exporting the feature from the gdb, then zipping it, but it worked.) So something to do with the ArcMap Publisher, then? At least I now have a work around.

0 Kudos
CathyWilson
New Contributor III

Of course, now I have to re-do my nice symbology online.

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP

Cathy...if you can feel free to send me the problem feature class and I can try to troubleshoot for you.

0 Kudos
CathyWilson
New Contributor III

I'll send it in a couple of days. I'm out of town now to teach some summer volunteers to collect data with ArcPad.

Thank you,

Cathy

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Cathy,

Try contacting Technical Support. They can help troubleshoot the issue and find out what is causing the problem.

-Kelly

0 Kudos