Problem while importing 3d models in ArcGIS Pro

01-17-2016 11:09 PM
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Hi all !!

I am a newbee in ArcGIS Pro. I am trying to import some 3D models in the format of .3ds and .dae.

I created a multipatch feature class and importing the models. I have not facing any issues while importing smaller models(<20 MB). But when I am trying to import large models like 30mb or 90mb(>20 mb), ArcGIS Pro crashes.

I have a system configuration of 8 GB RAM with 3.20GHz i5 processor.

Please help me through this issue.

Thanks

Arun@

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop including video etc?  Was there an error message or is it a complete crash?

0 Kudos
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

There is no error message, it completly crashes. My system specs are as per the recommended requirement.

But, its hapenning for larger models only. Is there any other way to add the 3d model without crash?

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I could be the model or memory

0 Kudos
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

I also think memory is the problem.

Now I am importing those models in ArcScene and importing those Geodatabase again to Pro. It is working.

I will upgrade my memory in few days and let you know if the direct creation problem is resolved.

0 Kudos
AbhishekRathi1
Occasional Contributor

Dear Arun

Kindly go through below link for proper understanding of how to import 3d files

Import 3D Files—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

And as far as crashing is concern kindly follow below steps and hopefully it wil resolve your issue

I'd recommend updating the driver for your video card. Simply using Windows Update does not download the latest driver.  Once you install the newest driver, the crashes should be greatly reduced.  Second thing you can do is delete the C:\Users\<user profile>\appdata\local\esri folder.  Third thing you can try is to delete temp files before you start ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Please send this in to Esri Support, so we can debug the repro case.  Specifically, if you can send them a DAE that imports successfully in ArcScene but NOT in ArcGIS Pro, we could send it to the developer responsible.

Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Dear Jermy,

The problem has been cleared after upgrading my system specs. I really hope that, even the recommended specs for ArcGIS Pro is not enough in heavy tasks.

AnthonyNwachukwu
New Contributor

Hey Arun, I seem to have the same problem you faced. Please could you share the systems specs you upgraded to?

0 Kudos
DanielAndia
New Contributor II

I have the same problem in one of the comments mention memory, is the RAM memory or the memory of the video card referenced? Thank you.

0 Kudos