Side load tpk in collector for windows 10

Jump to solution
01-13-2016 12:31 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to use my own .tpk as basemaps in collector for Windows 10. Where do you side load the maps to collector.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can put .tpks in this directory:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Esri.CollectorforArcGIS_eytg3kh68c6a8\LocalState

Check out the thread from the Windows Beta Community:

Using own basemap

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can put .tpks in this directory:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Esri.CollectorforArcGIS_eytg3kh68c6a8\LocalState

Check out the thread from the Windows Beta Community:

Using own basemap

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Just to add to my previous answer. The 10.3.6 version of Collector for ArcGIS on Windows has been made available and you can checkout the latest workflow for adding tpks in the app here: Go offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Cheers

Russ

PankajJamwal1
New Contributor II

Hi Russ,

I have installed Collector on my windows 10 machine. One of my colleague wants to test collector on my computer but he is not able to see the collector App when he is logging in on my computer. We are planning to use couple of window tablets for our staff of 4-5 to use it in the field to collect data. Do we need to side-load the app so that everyone can see/use it on one tablet/computer? or we need to share the app with different users?

Any help would be highly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Pankaj-

If each user is logging in to the device using a different account, each user will need to install Collector separately. Windows Store apps are sandboxed and limited to the specific user account (they do not require administrator rights to install).

Alternatively you can elect to deploy apps through the Windows Store for Business, which depending on the preferred deployment method, would allow you to install on each user account automatically.

-Doug

PankajJamwal1
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot for your help, Doug.

0 Kudos
Christian__Smitty_Smith
New Contributor III

@ Doug Morgenthaler,

If we install using the business account, do we need to load TPK basemaps for each user or can one TPK be accessed by each user?

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christian-

Depends on how you've set up the OS accounts.  If the users are all signing into a single OS account, then signing into Collector with different accounts, you'd be able to share the basemap.  If each user signs into the OS using a separate account they won't be shared across Collector accounts.  

0 Kudos