New to SURVEY 123 - LIMBO

01-12-2016 12:41 PM
KimberlyJackson
New Contributor

I filled out my first survey on an iPHONE and  the green check mark in the bottom right. The check mark turned gray, but I get no prompts to save and move on to the next point. I'm stuck in limbo. What do need to add to the survey to tell it we're finished? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

This forum is for the utility configurations, for general help, I would suggest posting in Survey123 for ArcGIS

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kimberly,

If you can share the .xlsx file of your survey from your survey content folder in desktop, I will be more than happy to take a look and give you some feedback.

Thanks,

Fasil T

Esri Support

0 Kudos
KimberlyJackson
New Contributor

Hello Fasil,

Thanks so much for your reply. I actually got my survey to work but I have a new issue... I am admin in two AGO organizations. One is a university, and one is my private account (linked to my purchase of a stand alone Arcgis desktop license).

For some reason, I can't publish the survey to my university AGO, but I can publish it to my other account. Do you have any idea why this would be?

Thanks! Kim Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kim,

Can you please provide some additional details on this issue? Like an error message, screen shots, and name of the organization.

Thanks,

Fasil T.

0 Kudos
KimberlyJackson
New Contributor

Great!

I know it looks like a mis-spelling in the login, but the other admin assigned that name... Anyway- I am certain my user name and password are correct.

National University in San Diego is the org that gives the following error.

I am able to publish and access the survey on my personal AGO account- shown below on my iPhone 6. Except the map does not work so I am trying to fix that.

I really need to share with the University account, as they will be conducting the survey.

Thanks again so much for your help!!

Ps can survey123 use enterprise logins (named users) yet?

Kim Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Kim,

One thing to verify is the case of your name and password. ArcGIS Online lets you mix case when logging in(which uses the oauth login to generate a token), but the generate token endpoint does not. I would log in and verify the user name case. This has trip me up more than once with other solutions.

Michael Miller

Esri Software Solutions

Esri | 1325 Morris Drive, Suite 201 | Chesterbrook, PA 19087

T: 610-644-3374, ext. 5926

C: 484-885-4051

E-mail: mmiller@esri.com<mailto:mmiller@esri.com> | esri.com<http://www.esri.com/>

0 Kudos
KimberlyJackson
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

I apologize for this dumb question in advance...

Do you mean that because my NU organizational login/password is mixed case and has underscores: that it won't work?

Ty!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

No, I am referring to the uppercase/lowercase of your login name.  Like My user name is MikeSolutions.  When I log in through the arcgis.com.  I could use mikesolutions, as the oauth security endpoint does not care about case for username.  But when I log in an app, like Survey123, the uses the generate token security endpoint, it fails as this end point is case sensitive.  I have to use MikeSolutions.  To verify the case of your name, I would log into ArcGIS.com and find your name in your profile and use it exactly.

Mike

KimberlyJackson
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

I have a user name and password for my AGO account that includes caps, numbers and underscores.  It will not let me log in to Survey 123 to publish a survey  (cannot generate token error). I have correctly entered the caps, lower case and correctly copied the password.  This exact information lets me into all other ESRI password protected content successfully. The last word in my user name was misspelled by the original admin, but it has been used consistently with success.

As an admin on the account, I created another user with a very simple user name and password that had no special characters.  This time, it worked.  Can someone please check out the rules for the format of user name and password in Survey 123?  I really would like to have just one account.  The original one is not tied to our federated email list, but just a random name with underscores. Thank you!  We really appreciate your support for this as we will have A LOT of users and we don't want to assign bad passwords if we can help it.

Cheers. Kim

0 Kudos