Basic viewer app in Arcgis.com online doesn't update legend

01-11-2016 03:32 PM
BobFlynn
New Contributor II

When viewing a map in the Basic Viewer app in ArcGIS.com online, the legend only displays the layers that are turned on initially.  If you turn off layers or turn on additional layers, the legend does not update to reflect this. The legend appears to now be just a static legend of initial layers. It used to work properly (dynamically) when I last checked a few months ago.  Did something change and is there some new setting for this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BobFlynn
New Contributor II

More details on this problem after further investigation:

The above problem (legend won't update) seems to occur on all "Configurable Apps", such as Basic Viewer, Compare Analysis, and Edit App. 

The problem does NOT seem to occur on all apps built with "Web AppBuilder".

0 Kudos
BobFlynn
New Contributor II

Even more details on this problem:

The Basic Viewer (and other Configurable Apps) will actually update the legend but only after you zoom in or out. So when you turn on/off layers,  the legend will not update until you zoom in/out. Would be nice if they updated immediately like Web AppBuilder apps.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Bob,

I setup a quick test to try and reproduce the issue with the JSAPI and wasn't able to do so. Is your web map public? If so can you send me the web map id or try replacing the existing id in the sample below with yours and see if its reproducible?

JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging

0 Kudos
BobFlynn
New Contributor II

Here is link for our public map. Legend does not update when you turn on/off layers until you zoom in/out:

http://csurams.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=b1f8ed7333354917896911721bb1f1f2

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks Bob Flynn​ looks like it might be a bug in the template app.  I'll look into a fix for this for a future release. If you like to track this issue status please submit a bug to Esri Support.

0 Kudos
BobFlynn
New Contributor II

This bug appears to be fixed as of this week. Basic Viewer legend updates without the need to zoom in/out.

0 Kudos