About the feature layer visibility setting in web map

Jump to solution
01-11-2016 09:12 AM
LeiZhou1
Occasional Contributor

I created a web map using one of our current map service; Since I need to control the color/style, I built the map service as a feature layer-- like XXXX/Mapserver/0. But when displaying, it always throw warning message like: "The XX Feature layer did not draw completely because there are too many features to display in this area of the map. Try zooming in or setting the visibility range for the layer. "

I have tried "Set Visibility Range" option for every value possible, but still a lot features can not display on the web map at the current extent. Is there anything that I can do about it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor
2 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

There is a limit - see 42465 - Is there a feature limit in ArcGIS Online?  Also, check out Who can make this  ESRI'S reply simple and easy to understand ?  and 1,000 feature limit in ArcGIS online?

I use ArcGIS Server and set the cap directly in the service manager.

LeiZhou1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! I checked the url of map service, there is a 1000 limitation.  Our data service does not allow me to make the change or publish any map service, but it seems I do need this. Is there any method that I can make this happen without publishing/modify a new map service? Thanks!

0 Kudos