Incident Analysis Widget Error

Jump to solution
01-06-2016 03:59 PM
CharlesGuiam1
New Contributor II

Not sure where to post this error with the Incident Analysis Widget's tabs. This is using the embedded WebAppBuilder (not developer's edition).

Here are my settings:

1.png

Click a tab to list AGOL hosted features within the selected buffer results in this:

2.png

But clicking to another tab results in still showing the same selections from the first tab:

3.png

Bug or configuration error?

I replicate this across feature layers served from ArcGIS for Server, as well as hosted in AGOL.

I could use a solution otherwise I will only be using one tab to show features within a user specified buffer.

Also, I could not figure out if this uses credits and why or why not. Clarification much appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesGuiam1
New Contributor II

Yay I found a bug. I hope this gets fixed.

Bug detail:

BUG-000093510: Incident analysis widget within WebApp Builder application does not reflect the changes while switching tabs.

Does this widget use service credits?

YES, according to esri support staff. It uses the spatial analysis credit tiers 1 credit per 1000 features.

*Side note for developers:

It would be awesome if the tool could create multiple buffers and see intersecting features where the two buffers overlap. I would appreciate if anyone could share a working widget or similar code for this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Used the incident analysis widget in WAB

Here are my results:

Selection from Tab #1:

Selection from Tab #2:

Are you working with WAB developer or the online version of WAB?

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
CharlesGuiam1
New Contributor II

Online Version

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Another thing that I noticed with the app was that it referenced two different values for the fields that came from the two layers. This makes me wonder if the selection was pointing to the same values for both. Would you mind changing one of the layers to "Closest Feature" instead of "Proximity" on both layers?

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
CharlesGuiam1
New Contributor II

Aravind,

Using the two different "Analysis Types" for "Closest Feature" and "Proximity" work the same way as my error.

My error shows regardless of setting layers to proximity. Once an incident is given a buffer, I click on one of the tabs to view results; the buffer list/display works fine. I then click on the second tab to view results; the buffer list/display works fine. THEN I click  back on the first tab results; the buffer list is fine but the display hangs on the last tab I clicked on (aka the numbering for how many of the second layer is within the buffer stays the same). This is the same error I get when using different "Analysis Types."

I added a third "proximity" layer, clicked through the first, second, and third tabs, then back to the second or first tab, the display hangs on the last results tab I clicked on.

This makes me think the incident analysis widget displays the numbering (in the map) based on the last layer results tab that is clicked open.

I have replicated this using the billboard theme and dart theme and using same/different "Analysis Type" for configuration.

0 Kudos
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

Charles,

Could you post your console error here to help us find the reason? I can't reproduce your issue.

0 Kudos
CharlesGuiam1
New Contributor II

Esri Support Esri Case #01727204 is able to reproduce my error. I do not know where to find the "console error."

0 Kudos
CharlesGuiam1
New Contributor II

Yay I found a bug. I hope this gets fixed.

Bug detail:

BUG-000093510: Incident analysis widget within WebApp Builder application does not reflect the changes while switching tabs.

Does this widget use service credits?

YES, according to esri support staff. It uses the spatial analysis credit tiers 1 credit per 1000 features.

*Side note for developers:

It would be awesome if the tool could create multiple buffers and see intersecting features where the two buffers overlap. I would appreciate if anyone could share a working widget or similar code for this.

0 Kudos