Can I create a permanent layer that references a csv on the web?

01-05-2016 11:40 AM
WillMcInnes
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have been sending google sheets to AGOL maps using this method​, and it works great for adding csv web layers to map.

The problem is that you have to add it via this method for each new map and set the same symbology every time.

Is there a way to create a layer in AGOL that references a web csv, so that the symbology could be saved, and the layer could be used in multiple AGOL maps without having to set symbology every time?

Thanks,
Will

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Will,

You can click on the layer and choose the option 'Save Layer'.  See the following link:

Copy and save layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

If you have privileges to create content, you can save ArcGIS Server service layers, CSV on the web, files you imported to the map, hosted feature layers, hosted tile layers, map notes, and route layers as new items in My Content and use the layer in other maps.

WillMcInnes
New Contributor III

Thanks for the answer, but that doesn't work for me. In the "More Options" context menu for that layer, I don't have the option to save the layer.

I'm surprised it doesn't work, since that document says that I should be able to save layers that are made from csv on the web. It's not a privilege issue, since I am an admin in my organization.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos