Batch processing - Modelbuilder - ArcGIS

01-06-2016 12:27 AM
NAGESWARARAO_D_V_K_
New Contributor

I have hundreds of images comprising NIR and Red bands for calculating NDVI which will be used in Time series analysis.  I am not familiar with batch processing and I wish to automate the NDVI calculation from these many images.  I could create a model using Modelbuilder and got NDVI image from one set of NIR and Red bands and I wish to run this model fro remaining images. But I do not know how to loop this iterate this what do to next.  My time will be saved when a batch processing is taken up rather than running this model for every set of NIR and Red bands. I solicit a kind help in solving my problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AveKargaja
Occasional Contributor

Have You tried using built-in Modelbuilder Iterators?

A quick tour of using iterators—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

NAGESWARARAO_D_V_K_
New Contributor

I am new to such operations. However, I tried to link 'Rasters' as as iterator which I could connect to an output file which was generated after the calculations. But the end product was not what I wanted.  Kindly suggest the steps to get the iterations.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What did you want? What did you get? did you get an error? The wrong type?

0 Kudos
NAGESWARARAO_D_V_K_
New Contributor

I like to explain what I did.  Out of many pairs of images with NIR and R bands, I selected one pair of NIR and R bands. I created a model using modelbuilder in a step wise fashion.  I invoked three times the raster calculator and in the first one I multiplied Red band with 0.0001 and obtained an output.  In the second one I multiplied NIR band with 0.0001 with a resultant output.  In the third one I used a formula of (NIR-R)/(NIR+R) using the outputs from the earlier two multiplications and I got NDVI image.  My intention was to use this model to calculate NDVI from other datasets consisting R and NIR bands.  I created a raster catalog with the datasets for iteration. I tried to iterate the process using "raster" iterator.  In the dialogue box I showed the raster catalog as source of the rasters and I ran the model after connecting the NDVI output to the Iterator.  I could see a lot of processing and got an image with a same name which was given to the raster catalogue, for example 'Test'.  I invoked that 'Test' into ArcMap and I could see a stack of layers with some numbers other than NDVI values when I was inquiring and I stopped at this juncture as I do not know what to do.  Help is solicited to complete the process correctly so that I can automate the process of creating NDVI images from hundreds of images.

0 Kudos