ArcMap 10.3.1 Horizontal Stretched Legend Has Incorrect Label Positions When Override Default Width Selected

01-05-2016 08:52 AM
JaredSmith
New Contributor

I updated from ArcGIS 10.2.2 to 10.3.1 yesterday, and now my maps with horizontal stretched legends for raster layers have labels that are shifted to the right of where they should be when override default width is selected (picture attached). These problems persist if I create a map from scratch. Originally posted as a comment here​​.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Load a raster layer

2) Insert a legend using default settings

3) Legend properties -> items tab -> select the raster -> styles button

4) Select Horizontal bar with headings, labels, and description (all other options create a vertical color bar, even though some say horizontal...)

5) Properties -> check Override default patch size -> increase default width (I use 120 pt. for my maps)

6) Hit OK on all open windows

My legend looks like the picture below, but it should have high and low labels directly underneath the ends of the colorbar. Rotating the labels to +/- 90 degrees does not help.

Does anyone have a solution to any of these issues? My best solution is to make labels using text boxes, which is an unsatisfactory solution.

LegendProblems.JPG

Update: I have a temporary solution, but would still like to know of any others because it is unsatisfactory. I have set the angle of the labels to 0 and placed 7 trailing spaces after 80, and 11 trailing spaces after 20 in the label, and that solved the placement issue for both numbers. Not a great solution, but enough for acceptable label placement.

2 Replies
carolinegreen
New Contributor II

Thanks Jared, you are not alone!

I also need to flip the data from high/low to low/high and I cannot find a way to do this. It seems as though high/low is the default and cannot be changed.

Stretch type Minimum-Maximum offers the user an Edit function but does not allow the data to reverse, only the colour ramp. 

I would really like to see the range presented on my horizontal legend bar from low to high.

Did you find out anything further?

many thanks

deleted-user-IR249IovB3CN
New Contributor III

I've got this same problem, switching high/low to low/high. Has anyone found a solution?