Quick report - Hide a field?

01-04-2016 08:32 AM
JordanLE_GOFF
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to hide a field in the Template "Quick report"?

Thanks.

Jord'

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

which quick report ? this one?

A quick tour of reporting—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

what happens if you hide the field before creating the report?

0 Kudos
JasonSchwartz
New Contributor III

I believe Jordan's question is related to this App Studio (Citizen Engagement) Quick Report template: Configure Quick Report—AppStudio for ArcGIS (Desktop Edition) | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
JasonSchwartz
New Contributor III

OK Jordan, I played around with the AppStudio - Quick Report template...created two different applications:

• First one used ESRI cloud for storing the point FeatureClass...which I created from scratch including lots of fields.
  • The Second one used my internal Server URL for the internally-hosted FeatureClass...different from the first, but still including a lot of extra fields.

In both cases, once I published the App, the fields in the FeatureServices cannot be modified.  I suspect that re-publishing the service with some fields turned on, others/most turned off, is the best way to accomplish the appearance of 'turning off fields' in the Quick Report template.

Remember, the features and the AppStudio functionality is evolving, so this answer will not always be the most current solution.

Hopes this helps until then,

Jason

JordanLE_GOFF
New Contributor

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I think there's probably a way to adapt the code in the desktop App studio.

If someone have the solution, i'm interested.

Bye and thank you again.

Jord'

0 Kudos
FranciscoSacramento
New Contributor

Hi all,

Anyone can help me. I need to insert my webmap from arcgis online into the 'Quick Report app template'. I need to use Qt Creator but I am not sure how need to copy the code from the other app template (namely from

'Map Viewer app template'). Or for a sample with webmap functionality.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Francisco

0 Kudos