Why is the download option only available on some applications?
Here, you can see the option:
Here, it's missing:
Can you find the apps you want to download here:
Esri · GitHub
Thanks for your response.
These are custom applications created by my organization and are not available outside.
Just to add to Rickey's comment, web applications built by Web AppBuilder Online contain "Download" option. The only reason the download doesn't appear in the other application is probably because it was built using one of the default viewer or story maps applications. These ready-to-use applications usually provide the option to let you download them to your computer initially.
I have some apps that were developed with Web AppBuilder Online and some that were developed with the Developers version of WAB. Using either method, some have the download option and some don't. It's not consistent.
It would be very helpful if you can share a screenshot of two web apps created using Web AppBuilder online that show inconsistent options.
I am trying to test a case situation here as well.
The app 'View Outages', above, was done with WAB Online, and so was this one.
Thanks for sending it. So, here was my workflow that I performed:
1. When I create a new web app from the Web AppBuilder online, save it, return back to My Content I can see that it has the following setting:
2. The only way the code attachment reverts back to "None" like that is if "Remove" was used to remove the code for the app attached.
3. Fortunately, this is not irreversible.
4. Once you remove the code attachment, you will find an option to
5. If you click on it, you will get the following dialog:
6. Search for the Zip file to the web app that you use to host on a web server or computer.
7. Upload the zip file and you will find that the code attachment returns back to Tracts for GP App. (Note: This is only if you save a local copy of the web app, initially.)
8. If you haven't saved the zip file before clicking remove, the only way to bring back the download link is to make a copy of the app by editing the application, click "Save As" and the new App-copy item details should have the "download" link again.
Let me know if you have any questions on this.
Thanks very much for your effort, Aravind. I'm sure I haven't removed any code attachments, but in the future, I think that I just will make sure there is a zip file attached from the beginning. That should help me avoid trouble.
No worries! I apologize I was not of much further use for you than this. Happy new year!
Retrieving data ...