ArcGIS Editor for OSM

12-28-2015 03:05 AM
IainStuart
Occasional Contributor

I thought I would try using the ArcGIS editor for OSM to add data to OSM based on some maps I have access to.

When I try and run Download and Symbolize OSM Data tool it doesn't work and I am not sure why.

Error.jpg

The reason I am not sure why is not understanding the nature of the error and the instructions for using the tool are rather vague.

I am fairly sure it is something basic!

Any help would be welcome

Iain

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
IainStuart
Occasional Contributor

Dan,

Yes that's some of the documentation but when you click on "help" for the Download and Symbolize OSM Data tool to see why it didn't work the help is decidedly unhelpful.

My problem lies in downloading the osm data and why the tool doesn't work when using a perfectly respectable gdb.  The GitHub instructions say   "In the 'Target Feature Dataset', browse to the location of your default geodatabase, and then append the name of the new feature dataset that will be created when the model is run". So what I am not clear about is the "append the name of the new feature dataset" bit (Append, BTW, means adding something to the end of something).  I just added a name "OSM" in the hope that the program would create the relevant files inside the gdb.

Cheers Iain

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I would contact the producers for further information.  I will move this to Managing Data to get more coverage.  If you have somewhere else you think more appropriate, the site list is here... GeoNet Community Structure

0 Kudos
tikola
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

This is a ancient thread and old product but is there any development in this field? I have some basic GIS tasks needed for OSM editing (set and attribute on lines based on area polygon). It probably can be done in normal OSM editors but is there a hope that oneday it could be doable via ArcGIS. So is there a way to online edit OSM via ArcGIS  or should I stick on JOSM and other normal OSM editors. I would like to use ArcGIS Pro as i has certain tools that might be usefull in my task.

0 Kudos