Filter function for display after the date field date minus (xy) days

Jump to solution
12-20-2015 01:07 PM
MikeSchudel1
New Contributor III

Hello everybody

we would like to present the most recent data on the map, this, for example, after the creation date.

First with a special legend which have been entered today.

Secondly, which are markedly different from before the date today minus eg 5 days ago.

If this is possible directly at Agol as Feature Layer and filter function?

Or should this be done on a batch ArcCatalog / Python, etc?

Thanks for the help for our club in NPO stadium.

A Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Greeting

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SethLewis1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Mike,

I'm assuming that you're using AGOL to host your data. Based on this link (About hosted web layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ) it seems that hosted AGOL content doesn't honor definition queries when publishing data so any date filter you may apply in Desktop would be ignored once published.

And based on my limited testing I don't think that the layer filter listed in an AGOL web map supports the type of filter (e.g. only show 'Today' that you're looking for). Someone would have to update the web map regularly.

If you're using hosted layers the following link may provide some solution ideas via ArcPy as it comes to updating your services on a scheduled basis:

Updating ArcGIS.com Hosted Feature Services with Python | ArcGIS Blog

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SethLewis1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Mike,

I'm assuming that you're using AGOL to host your data. Based on this link (About hosted web layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ) it seems that hosted AGOL content doesn't honor definition queries when publishing data so any date filter you may apply in Desktop would be ignored once published.

And based on my limited testing I don't think that the layer filter listed in an AGOL web map supports the type of filter (e.g. only show 'Today' that you're looking for). Someone would have to update the web map regularly.

If you're using hosted layers the following link may provide some solution ideas via ArcPy as it comes to updating your services on a scheduled basis:

Updating ArcGIS.com Hosted Feature Services with Python | ArcGIS Blog