Print map with MapImageLayer

12-11-2015 08:45 AM
RyanSellman
Occasional Contributor II

Hello All,

I am trying to give users access to Old Tax Map Images that my organization has available on a web server.  In short, each parcel in my County can been viewed on one of these Old Tax Map images.  Parcels are tied to an image based on an Old Tax Map Id.  I have been trying to come up with the best way to view these image based on a few requirements.  The user needs to be able to zoom in on the image (there is small hand written text on the each image) and the user needs to be able to print the images (at the full extent of the image as well as when the map zoomed in).

That being said, I have a working sample in a hacked up development app that adds the images to another map instance as a MapImage in a MapImageLayer.  The way I have it set up is there's an index map on the left that has polygons representing the parcels in each tax map image.  When the user clicks on a polygon, I remove the previous image from the MapImageLayer and add the new one.  Its working great until I go to print (which is done in the "Print Old Tax Map" tab in the left pane.  I get inconsistent results with the output - sometimes the image appears, most of the time it doesn't at all.  Has anyone ever experienced issues when trying to print a map with a MapImageLayer in it, via an ArcGIS Server print service?

Here's the link to my development app.

County of Summit: Parcel Viewer

Right now I have it set up so on load, a specific tax map image is added and the index map on the left zooms to that image's polygon.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Ryan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
EvgenyKleiman
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have the same problem. Did you find any solution ? Thank you.

Evgeny

0 Kudos
JordanBaumgardner
Occasional Contributor III

This is Really fishing....

Long time ago, there was an issue printing custom graphics layers. The issues was that the web map formatted message it sent to the printing service did not include the local graphics info. The work around at the time was to create your own web map formatted message and send it to the print service yourself.

Could the same type of bug exist with MapImageLayer?

Perhaps a quick test of creating the Print message yourself with one image to eliminate that as an issue and narrow the problem down?

RyanSellman
Occasional Contributor II

Apologies for the delayed response!  Because the functionality was not a priority in the project I was working on, I didn't spend too much time trying to figure this one out, thus I do not I have a solution to the issue.  Jordan, thanks for the note.  If I get some spare time, I will try to take a look at this again with your suggestions in mind. 

Thanks!

Ryan

0 Kudos
EvgenyKleiman
New Contributor II

I have a new information about this problem. The representative of ESRI in our region send to ESRI a sample I prepared reproducing the problem and got the following answer:

"I was able to reproduce this issue and can confirm it is caused by an existing bug with ArcGIS Server. The number of this bug is BUG-000090606 and it's status can be checked at customers.esri.com. I currently have no workaround for this issue. As this issue is caused by an existing bug I would like to mark this case as closed.

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you,"

After that I have found the following link

Esri Support - Search Results

So it seems we need to look forward for the next version of ArcGIS where the problem could be fixed.