Windows 10 Problems

Jump to solution
12-09-2015 07:07 AM
RobertCerrato1
New Contributor II

I installed ArcGIS Desktop 10.3.1 on a Windows 10 computer, and I am having problems exporting GA layers.  When I run the "GA Layer to Contour" tool, I get ERROR 999998: Unexpected Error indicating that there is an operating system error.  I thought that Windows 10 was supported by ESRI but I guess I am wrong.  Is anyone aware of a fix to this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

You may want to contact Esri technical support. Have you tried turning-off background geoprocessing as a workaround?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

You may want to contact Esri technical support. Have you tried turning-off background geoprocessing as a workaround?

EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

Windows 10 is indeed supported for ArcGIS 10.3.1, but Error 999998 does not imply that the error is due to the operating system.

If possible, can you send your data and workflow to ekrause@esri.com?  I should be able to figure out what is going wrong.  Otherwise, you can contact Esri support services to have your data handled securely.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

you have ruled out path problems (ie spaces etc) in sources and destinations?

RobertCerrato1
New Contributor II

I followed Chris Smith's advice and turned off background geoprocessing.  So far, it looks to have resolved my problems.  Thanks for the help!