Story Map point order

12-08-2015 09:09 AM
JessicaSchneider
New Contributor III

I have what seems like a simple question.  I have a certain order that I would like my points for a story map to be in.  I have that order in a field in my service that is hosted on AGOL.  How can I get the story map app to use my order instead of just randomly placing the order. I have a lot of points and rearranging them all is going to be a huge pain.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Jessica - not sure if this is helpful, but I found this referenced on one of their story map examples (Make a Map Tour Story Map😞

The order of the records in the file determines the order in which the points will appear on the map... As the order of the points in the layer determines their order in the tour, you can use the Sort geoprocessing tool if you want to reorder the records.

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Jessica,

You have not specified what story map template you are using...I am guessing the Tour Story Map.  If so you can re-order the points via the Organize button on the builder/configuration page for the application.

story_map_tour_organize_pts.jpg

JessicaSchneider
New Contributor III

I have over 50 points, I was hoping to avoid reordering them by hand in the organize section.

I will try the sorting geoprocessing tool.

Thanks

0 Kudos