How to find parcels data for Texas

Jump to solution
12-05-2015 09:05 AM
KirtBrayshaw
New Contributor II

I am a GIS Analyst at Pinegate Development in Jacksonville Florida and need to find parcels data (.shp or gdb) for analysis. Some states and counties offer these data for free and others do not. Usually it costs $200,00 per county to get these .shp from a third party source and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on where to find these data at a lower cost or free. I realize that some states have different privacy laws from others, however if a third party can get the data and then sell them then I am questioning how the laws are of any consequence.

Thanks....Kirt Brayshaw

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoaquinRoibal
Occasional Contributor

Hello my friend,

without understanding what exact parcel data you are looking for, and which counties (or possibly the whole state) I can only help so far. Here are a few good resources and if you narrow down your specifications I may be able to help more.

GIS Online Data Texas A & M

GIS Maps & Data Texas Land Office

Maps & Data | TNRIS - Texas Natural Resources Information System

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoaquinRoibal
Occasional Contributor

Hello my friend,

without understanding what exact parcel data you are looking for, and which counties (or possibly the whole state) I can only help so far. Here are a few good resources and if you narrow down your specifications I may be able to help more.

GIS Online Data Texas A & M

GIS Maps & Data Texas Land Office

Maps & Data | TNRIS - Texas Natural Resources Information System

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You should move this to Managing Data​ so it will attract some attention.

The community structure and suggestions for placing questions is here ... GeoNet Community Structure