AnsweredAssumed Answered

How does concurrent use license translate to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro named users?

Question asked by MChilcott on Dec 6, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2015 by MChilcott

Hi Peoples,

I am aware that an ArcGIS Online subscription comes with every ArcGIS for Desktop license that is current on maintenance - and this gives the user access to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro.

My question is how his relates to Concurrent Licenses for Desktop when using FlexLM.

With a Concurrent License, using the license manager pool, you may have say 50 licenses that are in use at any one time.  This could relate to say 150 people that use the licenses.  Indeed, the cost of a Concurrent license is around 3 times that of a desktop license (from memory).

Therefore, when using ArcGIS Pro, or ArcGIS Online > when we have purchased Concurrent licenses, is there a rate at which the ArcGIS Pro / ArcGIS Online licenses are distributed - say 3 named users for each concurrent license?

And along the same lines - If I have an ELA which in theory gives me unlimited access to esri sortware - does this give me unlimited number of ArcGIS Online named users?

The license models are fundamentally different - so I can see the dilemma.  There is always a solution though.

Cheers,

Mark

Outcomes