Geoevent an multinode server with dedicated cluster

Jump to solution
12-04-2015 06:34 AM
DanErklauer
New Contributor

Is it possible to have geoevent in its own cluster? On a multinode server config I have only been able to get the first machine to run geoevent.  When I go to /geoevent/manager on a machine that is another cluster I get an error No Service found. There is nothing in the log to indicate a problem and I have confirmed the extension is authorized. Server 10.3.1.  It appears that in order for geoevent to function it is dependent on the first server.  Anyone have a different experience?

10.4 Product Update:

Esri Support re-evaluated the bug report below 29-Jan. They were able to reproduce the behavior using the 10.3.1 product release, but not with the upcoming 10.4 product release. Even with a DNS alias in place, users were correctly re-routed to the Portal login screen and then into the GeoEvent Manager.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanErklauer
New Contributor

It can not be done once you federate a server with portal you are affected by a bug.

BUG-000092043 : The GeoEvent Processor in a federated ArcGIS for Server and Portal for ArcGIS environment does not allow users to login to environments which utilizes a DNS name for their Portal site. When accessing the GeoEvent Processor login page, it prompts for Portal credentials, and even when using a PSA account to log in, the site displays a "The username or password you've entered is incorrect" error. The network traffic logged the following error "proxy?https://dns.domain.com/webadaptorsharing/generateToken", which is in relation to the site being unable to generate a token as it is missing a '/' between the ArcGIS Web Adaptor and the sharing identifiers in the URL.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanErklauer
New Contributor

It can not be done once you federate a server with portal you are affected by a bug.

BUG-000092043 : The GeoEvent Processor in a federated ArcGIS for Server and Portal for ArcGIS environment does not allow users to login to environments which utilizes a DNS name for their Portal site. When accessing the GeoEvent Processor login page, it prompts for Portal credentials, and even when using a PSA account to log in, the site displays a "The username or password you've entered is incorrect" error. The network traffic logged the following error "proxy?https://dns.domain.com/webadaptorsharing/generateToken", which is in relation to the site being unable to generate a token as it is missing a '/' between the ArcGIS Web Adaptor and the sharing identifiers in the URL.

SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

Now that this is resolved at 10.4, can someone put me out of my misery and help explain how to allow logging into GeoEvent when I have a federated Portal which uses a DNS name?

• portal, server, web adaptor (IIS), data store & geoevent all on one machine on Azure
  • Federated Server with Portal
  • custom domain name, certificate exported and used in the root of IIS
  • have updated the portal URL to use the domain name via the portal admin API

1.png

• Can login to Portal and ArcGIS Server fine using the domain name
  • As GeoEvent does not go through IIS, I can hit it on its Azure URL, but get the invalid redirect URI error, as Portal does not trust someone trying to login from this foreign URL.

Im wondering how to get around this?  Some kind of rewrite rule with ARR in IIS?

Larger context is I need to be allow access from the OSIsoft Pi Integrator for ArcGIS (which only works against a federated Portal) to login to GeoEvent.

UPDATE:

Just noticed that if I use CloudBuilder for Azure and choose self-signed, it creates a series of URL Rewrite rules in IIS under two subfolders

1.png

0 Kudos