How to generate ECP file

12-04-2015 08:28 AM
YasserNooraldeen
New Contributor II

Dears,

I don't have a connection to Internet at my server and I need to authorize my ECP file for arcgis server. Would anyone explain in details the steps to generate ECP file?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yasser,

Best route would be to contact your customer service rep and ask them to send you the ecp file.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This help doc might help

Installing ArcGIS Desktop

Offline authorization

Offline authorization is used if the machine where ArcGIS for Desktop is installed does not have Internet connectivity. In this case, the authorization process creates a text file which can be uploaded to the Esri authorization server from an Internet-connected machine or can be sent in an email to Esri Customer Service to obtain an authorization response file (.respc). This authorization response file can be copied to the machine where ArcGIS for Desktop is installed and used to authorize ArcGIS for Desktop without a direct Internet connection.

Step 3: Upon opening the Software Authorization Wizard, you will be provided with three authorization options:

....there is more but could easily copy.....got to the link for more info

AitorCalero_García
Esri Contributor

Hello, I've come across with the same problem and I've just written a brief guide to show how to generate the ECP files. Hope it helps.