AnsweredAssumed Answered

DuplicateFileException when running clean android app with arcgis-android:10.2.7 dependency

Question asked by gambit66 on Nov 30, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 by gambit66

Hi,

I did a clean install of the latest Android Studio and I created a new Android app using the wizard. When I add the "compile 'com.esri.arcgis.android:arcgis-android:10.2.7'" dependency to the gradle build file and run the app I get the following error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ':app:transformResourcesWithMergeJavaResForDebug'.

> com.android.build.api.transform.TransformException: com.android.builder.packaging.DuplicateFileException: Duplicate files copied in APK META-INF/LICENSE

File1: /Users/jacques/AndroidStudioProjects/BRAC/app/build/intermediates/exploded-aar/com.esri.arcgis.android/arcgis-android/10.2.7/jars/libs/jackson-core-1.9.5.jar

File2: /Users/jacques/AndroidStudioProjects/BRAC/app/build/intermediates/exploded-aar/com.esri.arcgis.android/arcgis-android/10.2.7/jars/libs/jackson-mapper-1.9.5.jar

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

When I change the dependency from stable to the Quartz beta "compile 'com.esri.arcgisruntime:arcgis-android:100.0.0-beta-1'", the app builds and runs fine.

Any ideas what could causing this with the stable SDK?

Outcomes