AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot install ArcGIS Pro

Question asked by wilcobearswamp on Nov 24, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 25, 2015 by tminterWork

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate on a Windows partition on a MacBook Pro.  The processor is: Intel Core i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.3GHz

I'm able to download the installation file from the ESRI, extract the CAB file, and get to the point where it says "Installation files successfully extracted."  When I click on "Close" (which should launch the setup program), I get the following error:

"This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor."

I was able to install ArcGIS Desktop with this same exact hardware setup with no problem, so this error is perplexing.  Thoughts or help would be greatly appreciate!

Editorial rant: Obviously, ESRI wants us Mac users to seek out Open Source solutions that run on Macs since they don't have a Mac version and seem to do nothing to play well with Mac.  (I already had to shell out $80 for Parallels just to easily switch between Mac and Windows.)  I've played around with QGIS (open source, runs on Mac, etc.), so that might be a longer term solution.  But, for now, I need ArcGIS Pro for a course I'm taking...

Outcomes