Map service line symbology with arrows

Jump to solution
11-25-2015 11:38 AM
SalvatoreScimeca1
New Contributor

Hello All,

I added a map to Web App Builder that has line symbology with arrows pointing in various directions.  Web App displays the arrows as thick black lines, where as flex displayed them correctly.  Is there a way or a step I missed to be able to view these arrows?

Thanks,

Salvatore

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Salvatore,

If you are adding the specific layer to the web map as a featureLayer (i.e. http://yourArcGISServer/arcgis/rest/services/yourservice/MapServer/0) then cartographic line symbols like line decoration (i.e. arrows) are not supported. If you add the whole map service then ArcGIS Server will do the rendering and you will get the cartographic line symbols.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Salvatore,

When you view the web map in AGOLs Map Viewer does the layer display correctly.

SalvatoreScimeca1
New Contributor

No

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Salvatore,

If you are adding the specific layer to the web map as a featureLayer (i.e. http://yourArcGISServer/arcgis/rest/services/yourservice/MapServer/0) then cartographic line symbols like line decoration (i.e. arrows) are not supported. If you add the whole map service then ArcGIS Server will do the rendering and you will get the cartographic line symbols.

0 Kudos
SalvatoreScimeca1
New Contributor

Yes, Thank you!

0 Kudos
Gedeon_muhawenayo
New Contributor II

Hi @RobertScheitlin__GISP , 

I would like to ask how I can add custom line into the line selector, 

sample_line.png

Also, I would like to ask if it is possible to add custom text into the middle of a line.
I have tried the CIM symbol builder and it seemed to be promising but didn't work, attached in the symbol json(though saved in txt format) for symbol I created using CIM symbol builder.

I am using WAB 2.24, and the eDraw widget.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@Gedeon_muhawenayo  CIM Symbol is a 4.x class that is not available in WAB as WAB is 3.x based. 

Gedeon_muhawenayo
New Contributor II

Thank you,

are there any other approaches I could use?

Basically I want to be able to draw this type of line

sample_line.png

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

not that I am aware of.