Publish or migrate scene service manually

11-20-2015 10:09 PM
DarkoRadiceski
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to manually publish a scene service to portal or migrate an already published scene service without the use of ArcPro?

I have plenty of Scene Layers published in my dev environment and working great.

However my Production environment is very locked up and fully virtualised. So i can not run Pro there and also i can not get Pro from Dev to publish to production .

Is is possible to create a package in a similar way to what Desktop can do for ArcGIS server?

Even if i can migrate the scene layers from dev to pro would be great.

Any advice would be very very appreciated.

Sincerely

Dan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

If you can log into your portal you should be able to add these Scene Layers to your "Scene" from the interface.

after you log into your portal, go to "Scene" and click the "Add Layers" button there, then you can browse, search, or copy/paste the URL for your scene services.

DarkoRadiceski
New Contributor II

Hi Jeremy

The question was more of the administrative nature.

I was wondering if it is possible to export the content as a scene package and move from environment to environment.

This is no different to what you can do when you prepare an SD for publishing a map service.

Sincerely

Dan

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

I honestly don't know the answer to that question - I've pinged the sharing team to ask their advice.

J

0 Kudos
DarkoRadiceski
New Contributor II

Thank you kindly for that.

I am just trying to understand how we simplify the task of publishing and migrating.

Also an important issue that our production system is all on VM and with ArcPRo can not run with no Graphics.

Sincerely

Dan

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

Seems like that's not yet supported.

Here's the reply I got from our sharing team:

"Publishing a web scene layer with a SD is not currently supported.

The service url can be added as an item to another portal."

FYI, Pro will still _work_ on a VM through WARP emulation of the GPU, but you'll get very poor performance in 3D if you have no GPU on the VM.

Are the two systems completely isolated?  There's no way to even connect to the production portal from a copy of Pro running on a machine outside the production system?

0 Kudos
DarkoRadiceski
New Contributor II

Hi Jeremy

Thank you so much for checking.

Unfortunately the 2 systems are fully separate and firewall rules are quite heavy.

Also I cant really add the service to another portal as they are suppose to be totally isolated - QA and Prod.

I was hoping there might be a way to export the data ( if I simplify this to a tile package - image and geometry package ) and move this to a second server.

I will try to run Pro on the VM and see what happens.

IT preffers prod publish to be scripted so we for map services we have few python scripts and hence I was hoping similar might exist.

0 Kudos