ESRI REST FeatureServer does not show neither Joins nor Relations.

11-20-2015 01:04 AM
MarcinRoguski
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a question about table joins and relations in ESRI REST FeatureService.

I created an mxd file with several layers and managed to create a REST service out of it. I can see all layers, symbols etc. Here everything works fine.

Today I wanted to add a join to a layer. I joined another layer from the same document. In ArcMap everything worked fine. I could see the joined fields. When I uploaded the service (which by the way did not want tu update itself and I had to delete the service and publish the mxd as a new one) I found out that all my columns in the layer, that was the owner of the join, disappeared. In FeatureServer I had only the OID and geometry.

When I looked at MapServer service definition of this layer - everything was fine. All the fields, along with the joined ones, were present.

Similiar thing happens with relations. I create a relation to a another layer in the same mxd file and its definition is visible in MapServer and not in FeatureServer.

Did anyone come accross this error ? What I might be doing wrong?

And one more thing. Is there a way for FeatureServer to show layers hierarchy like MapServer does ? With group layers visible ?

I use ArcGis Server 10.3.

It runs on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (64 bit).

If anything written above is unclear please let me know and I'll update my question.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Not sure where to begin, but I can hopefully help with this:

There are plenty of possibles of what was being done wrong.

Was Analyze map performed before publishing?

1. is the joined tables in the same database? - this is required

2. You need to create a relationship class in the database to see relates in the REST service. - did you do this?

You cannot have group layers for FeatureAccess services.

0 Kudos