Workforce Application

Jump to solution
11-18-2015 01:18 PM
MatthewKalcich
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

Does anyone know when the Workforce application that was demoed at the User Conference is scheduled to come out?

Is there any literature that exists about this application?

If so could I be directed to that literature

thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Matthew,

Thanks for your interest. The beta release of Workforce for ArcGIS will be live early 2016. Please sign up at ArcGIS for Workforce​ if you would like updates and to participate in the beta program.

Hope this helps,

-Brent

View solution in original post

8 Replies
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Matthew,

Thanks for your interest. The beta release of Workforce for ArcGIS will be live early 2016. Please sign up at ArcGIS for Workforce​ if you would like updates and to participate in the beta program.

Hope this helps,

-Brent

MatthewKalcich
Occasional Contributor

Yup thats what I was looking for

Thanks

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can check out this blog that was just posted on the workforce app here: Workforce for ArcGIS is coming soon! | ArcGIS Blog

JeffAzevedo
New Contributor

Hello Matthew,

Do you have any information of Workforce Mobile being used with Asset Management Systems?

0 Kudos
MatthewKalcich
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jeff,

We are planning on using Workforce in Conjunction with ArcGIS for Collector to task crews This information will write back through to our enterprise solution. We will work through ArcGIS server and ArcGIS online with the data talking through a rest service that has feature access enabled...... This is how I plan on using these applications.

Brent and Russel may have some specific documentation for reading and writing to and from an asset management system.

I am assuming their work flows would be similar to what I am thinking.

-Matt

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Matt,

In Workforce you will be able to easily jump out to Collector if you have it installed on the device. This might not be in the initial Beta releases but certainly in our first Non-beta release we will have logical integration points setup Between Workforce and a number of our apps (Collector, Navigator, Survey123 etc...).

We are still trying to get the story ironed out but we are thinking that when you setup a project you will be able to configure specific assignments to link to specific Webmaps which can be edited in Collector. This would provide a very streamlined experience for your field workers allowing them to go straight to collector for editing and back to Workforce.

This story should get more fleshed out as the beta release evolves and be fully implemented for our first release after beta.

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
ShaneLim1
New Contributor II

Whenever I try to access the workforce beta I get an error about my first and last name and I can go no further.  Had anybody gotten into the Beta?

The login system failed to provide the following required information:
  • First Name
  • Last Name
Please provide this information and try your login again.
0 Kudos