US Dual Ranges Address Locator ArcGIS Server Issue

11-16-2015 08:53 AM
alexmoore
New Contributor II

Hello, I am having a big problem trying to publish a US Addresses - Dual Ranges Address Locator to our ArcGIS Server (10.0).

I have a working General - Single Field Geocoding service built on our customer address data on our server that works perfectly. End goal is to create a composite locator with the Single Field locator ontop of the Dual Ranges locator.

However, I publish a Dual Ranges A.L. (from US Census Tiger Address Features data) and cannot successfully find Address Candidates from the REST endpoint.

It finds street intersections and lat/longs just fine, and I can even reverse geocode and it gives me the correct address so I know it can interpolate the LFROM-LTO-RFROM-RTO fields, at least somewhat.

But every single time I enter a house number in the Find Address Candidates option, it fails and gives me an error.

I've created and published a Dual Ranges A.L. from an extremely small sample size with no odd data and I still cannot get it to work...

BTW, these all work perfectly in ArcGIS Desktop. I only run into issues when I publish them and try to access them through the REST endpoint.

I've attached what I believe are relevant screenshots on how I'm building these.

I appreciate any and all input.

Small sample of data, created/published Dual Ranges A.L. on only this data. Still fails when finding Address Candidates at REST endpoint.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

What is the result when you enter the address in the Full Address parameter? 2284 Flora St, 45219

What is the behavior when using the published locator in ArcMap with the Find tool, which is the equivalent to the FindAddressCandidates REST operation?

-Shana

0 Kudos
alexmoore
New Contributor II

What is the result when you enter the address in the Full Address parameter? 2284 Flora St, 45219

-It fails, gives me the same error.

What is the behavior when using the published locator in ArcMap with the Find tool, which is the equivalent to the FindAddressCandidates REST operation?

-It also fails, same error as FindAddressCandidates option.

I've talked to ESRI support and they suggested it was acting this way because I am publishing from ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 SP5 to ArcGIS Server 10.0 SP1. Recommended upgrading server to match desktop version I am publishing from.

Set up date in mid-January to upgrade our server, hope it fixes the issue!

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Alex:

If the upgrade does not resolve the issue, reopen your case with Esri Support Services and they can continue to troubleshoot the issue with you.

-Shana

0 Kudos