ArcGIS Map Service doesn't load completely

11-14-2015 11:41 PM
TobiasBrühlmeier1
New Contributor III

Hi all,

In my application, I use a map service with about 200 map layers. Users can manually toggle these map layer's visibility.

These map layers normally have between 1500 and 7000 objects.

It takes a long time to load some of these layers (maybe a minute). Users respect that because of the amount of objects (although it would be great to speed it up...)

But it's really strange that not all objects are being loaded. And even more strange is that for some layers it works. And the most strange thing is that it seems to work with Firefox, but not with Chrome.

See screenshot: These map layer has 6987 objects. It only shows the objects north of Switzerland.

ScreenShot.png

My Map Service is defined to return max 7000 objects in ArcGIS for Server. Do I have to declare this option for my FeatureLayer in JavaScript as well (maxRecordCount)?

Regards, Tobias

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tobias,

Do you need to load all those layers as a FeatureLayer? Why not use ArcGISDynamicMapservice Layer?

TobiasBrühlmeier1
New Contributor III

Thanks, good hint.

Now I didn't find how to only show 1 Map Layer (let's say with Layer Id 199) with ArcGISDynamicMapservice... How do I do that?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tobias,

You set the layerVisibility property to do this. You can also set the layer definitions for the layers in the map service. You can use a sql statement that prevents a specific layer from showing.