eSearch Widget - Linking returned results to other Attribute Widget information

11-11-2015 08:10 PM
RodWoodfordOld
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert,

In relation to the eSearch Widget is it possible to link the eSearch results to other related tabbed information returned in the Attribute widget, so this other tabbed information only returns results that share a common link or identifier (PIN, etc) with the eSearched queried information. At the moment the attribute table returns the eSearched information which is ideal but it also returns all information for any other visible tabbed tables.

I guess an identifier link needs to be established for commonality, for this to happen. Is this possible? I hope you get what I'm saying.
See screen shots below. Any advice would be useful.

I do realize the Attribute Widget doesn't allow for much configuration and hopefully ESRI do some work in this area to make it more configurable and Integratable.

eSearched results

All other results

cheers

Rod

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

As I am just using an the existing otb Attribute Table widget, I don't have that sort of control over the other layers that appear in the widget. If you do not want the other layers there then you just go into the AT widget configuration UI and remove them. The type of customization you are inquiring about is not possible with out manipulating the AT widget code base and I have no plans to do that.

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm already turning off all other layers and only returning your eSearch widget results to prevent confusion for the end user. The problem is we have many similar search queries eg search by property address for Town Planning, Waste, Valuation, Electoral, Applications, etc, this is because you can only query one map service at a time and it becomes painful for users needing to reapply the same search and map zooming on another map service to get similar information for the same property. I hope this makes sense.

Would it be possible to include in the eSearch Widget, JOINS on map services that have a relationship so the user could conduct one search and return multiple tabbed information results in the Attribute widget form the joined map services. Eg Property MS, Waste MS, etc I have built a query layer in ArcMap and published this to a map service for all related property information to try and get around this issue, however performance issues arise and the query layer becomes unmanageable.

Any advice would be useful.

Rod

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

OK, I have a better grasp on what you are asking now. The way I am using the AT widget for right now is to allow the display of the search results in the AT widget for searches that create operational layers. Once the search is complete the AT widget gets the results and the AT widget has functions to allow for zooming, filtering by map extent, export to csv, etc. When you search another layer that displays in the AT the results layer is removed as the second search is added. I once left the search results from all searches that create operational layers, but worried about the user wanting to try and reconnect the layer with the eSearch and I could not come up with a workflow in code to support this.There is no code in the AT widget to allow me to link the results together. I have no plans to allow for joins as you describe above currently.

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Cheers Roberts,

I might add this to the ESRI ideas site. I think the ability to join map services to derive related results would be useful functionality in WAB moving forward in resolving a lot of duplication in searching / querying for end users for related information.

Rod

tarunvisvanadula
New Contributor

hi rod,

I have the array of searched results,i want to show them in attribute table.please help if you know anything?

0 Kudos