Layer excluded in publishing

Jump to solution
11-12-2015 07:47 AM
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I am publishing a feature service to AGOL for organizations. I have multiple layers that are being published in the service, however I am experiencing issues with one particular layer. IT IS BEING EXCLUDED!! very frustrating as the layers prior and after it are all being posted. I have published multiple times each excluding this layer. It is a point layer and other point layers are publishing fine. Anyone have similar problems? Solutions? I need them all under one feature service and not published separately.

Also in the preview window prior to publishing the service, all other layers are seen but the point layer being excluded so it is something within ArcMap possibly.

I have tried publishing the layer in its own service, and receive an error stating "Packaging failed"

Log files include an additional error "No layer or table was initialized"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I deleted the feature class and re import it from my SDE and publishing went fine, not sure what the problem was

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ElizabethDonahue
New Contributor III

Have you shared the excluded layer in the same way the other layers are shared?

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

All the layers are part of the same feature service so all properties are the same when publishing. I didn't know if I may be missing something in ArcMap. 

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Kevin,

I would run the check geometry on the point layer to make sure there are no Null features or other funky things going on (I have seen this same error with bad geometry in a layer).  If there are no geometry errors take a look at the attribute fields and ensure that there are not space, ect...

Kyle

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I checked geometry and no errors were indicated, I searched the geoprocessing log files and found additional information "No layer or table was initialized"

any experience?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You mention it is the same feature class....is it duped with a different query?  Maybe the query is resulting in an empty set (i.e. No records)

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

Its multiple feature classes from a shared FGDB. When I go to publish them from the same MXD document they will be all in one feature service. Separate layers, one feature service

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I deleted the feature class and re import it from my SDE and publishing went fine, not sure what the problem was