relative path of geodatabase (QML)

Jump to solution
11-12-2015 06:08 AM
NickKula
New Contributor

geodatabase work correctly with:

path: "C:/Users/User/ArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/test/Resources/II.geodatabase";

But if place geodatabase in "Resources.qrc" and specify path as below, then it don't work

path: "/Resources/II.geodatabase"

How I can specify relative path to geodatabase in order to the program work on another PC

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Nick,

This is a known limit. Our runtime core can not read data that is in a qt resource (qrc) file. We are looking into if this will be possible to support or not for a future release.

If you are using AppStudio (based on the code you provided), I suggest you post in the AppStudio space to ask what the preferred method of working with file paths across multiple platforms. I believe there is a method on AppFramework that will return a unique path for each platform, but it would be good to check with them. If you are using the SDK (not AppStudio), then we have a guide topic that discusses how to do that - Deploy local offline data with your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers

Thanks,

Luke

NickKula
New Contributor
ApplicationWindow {
    id: appWindow
    //etc...

function copylocaldata(){
        resourceFolder.makePath(output_path)
        resourceFolder.copyFile(":/Resources/I.geodatabase", output_path+"I.geodatabase")
  }

FileFolder{
        id:resourceFolder
    }

Geodatabase {
        id:gdb1
        path: output_path+"I.geodatabase"
    }
    //etc...
}

I do somthing like in example, but how i can call function before the map loaded? Because with this code app works correctly only after the second run

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I understand that this thread is too old, but have you succeeded to start work on first run. I have similar situation with copying app data to local cache. It starts work on second run.

0 Kudos