AnsweredAssumed Answered

Invalid ecp file when creating an enterprise geodatabase

Question asked by devgr4 on Nov 9, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2018 by randall_williams-esristaff

I am trying to create an Oracle enterprise geodatabase, using the Create Enterprise Geodatabase geoprocessing tool in ArcCatalog (10.3). After filling in the connection information, selecting the authorization file, and clicking ok, I get the following message:

"Invalid license file provided. Please provide an ArcGIS for Server enterprise keycodes file."

The file I used for the authorization file was a copy of C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.3\sysgen\keycodes with .ecp added on to it. This is on a 10.3 Workgroup Standard Server, and the server has already been authorized (and is working). The keycodes file has items in it for svrstandard, arcgisserver, schematicssvr, capacitysvr_4, sdeworkgroup, imageextserver, with each of them having the same ecp number except for the imageextserver. The sdeworkgroup seems like the relevant key; I'm hoping this server license supports an enterprise geodatabase?

Any ideas on how to fix this are appreciated, and let me know if there is additional info I can provide.

Thanks!

Outcomes