Invalid ecp file when creating an enterprise geodatabase

Jump to solution
11-09-2015 01:04 PM
GeorgeDarling
New Contributor

I am trying to create an Oracle enterprise geodatabase, using the Create Enterprise Geodatabase geoprocessing tool in ArcCatalog (10.3). After filling in the connection information, selecting the authorization file, and clicking ok, I get the following message:

"Invalid license file provided. Please provide an ArcGIS for Server enterprise keycodes file."

The file I used for the authorization file was a copy of C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.3\sysgen\keycodes with .ecp added on to it. This is on a 10.3 Workgroup Standard Server, and the server has already been authorized (and is working). The keycodes file has items in it for svrstandard, arcgisserver, schematicssvr, capacitysvr_4, sdeworkgroup, imageextserver, with each of them having the same ecp number except for the imageextserver. The sdeworkgroup seems like the relevant key; I'm hoping this server license supports an enterprise geodatabase?

Any ideas on how to fix this are appreciated, and let me know if there is additional info I can provide.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

The license file that you are using is for Workgroup and not for Enterprise. That license file can be used for SDE Workgroup and not SDE Enterprise gdb creation.

The Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool needs an Enterprise license.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

The license file that you are using is for Workgroup and not for Enterprise. That license file can be used for SDE Workgroup and not SDE Enterprise gdb creation.

The Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool needs an Enterprise license.

deleted-user-0W0-oLHxDjCX
New Contributor III

Are you sure of that Asrujit SenGupta‌?

How do I create a enterprise geodatabase if my license is ArcGIS For Workgroup? Does I need to use it in personal geodatabase mode? Where could I find a documentation for that?

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

q: "How do I create a enterprise geodatabase if my license is ArcGIS For Workgroup? "

ArcGIS Enterprise Workgroup allows you to create databases in SQL Express. Oracle isn't an option with that license.

http://www.esri.com/library/brochures/pdfs/arcgis-enterprise-functionality-matrix.pdf

ARCGIS ENTERPRISE WORKGROUP LEVEL ArcGIS Enterprise Workgroup is a lower capacity level of ArcGIS Enterprise.

It offers all the same functionality as ArcGIS Enterprise but is designed for use in smaller teams and organizations.

The Workgroup level has the following differences:

• There is a limit of 10 simultaneous desktop connections to workgroup   geodatabases.

Workgroup geodatabases are only supported on Microsoft SQL   Server Express and have a maximum size of 10 GB.

• The Workgroup level is only licensed for use with file-based data sources (e.g. file   geodatabases) and workgroup geodatabases. It is not licensed for use with   enterprise geodatabases.

• The base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment must be deployed all-in-one on a single   machine with up to 4 cores.

• Each server role has a 4-core maximum. The additional roles can be deployed on   separate machines from the base deployment. The spatiotemporal big data store   from ArcGIS Data Store may be configured on a single, separate 4-core machine. For more information and to determine if ArcGIS Enterprise Workgroup Level is a good fit for your organization, contact your local Esri representative.

0 Kudos