GeoEvent Extension, Port 6180, and Proxy? [Cross post from another site]

11-09-2015 12:41 PM
IrfanClemson
Occasional Contributor II

This is a cross post from another site (GIS Stack Exchange). I am not even getting enough page views there. Hopefully, someone will help here.

Thanks.

I have a public facing server, say gispublic.edu, with port 80 to the outside network. I also have an internal GIS server, say, gisintranet.edu. On gispublic.edu I have a Web Adaptor installed pointing to gisintranet.edu:6080.

This works fine within the intranet. However, the GeoEvent extension on gisintranet.edu uses port 6180; and we don't want that port to be opened to the outside. Problem is that web applications deployed on gispublic.edu are looking for ws://gisintranet:6180 which, of course, don't work.

I tried to follow this: http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40680 but no luck so far.

I think I need to setup a reverse proxy on gispublic.edu but the above instructions are not working--my web application still can't see the ws://gistranet:6180 end point.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IrfanClemson
Occasional Contributor II

I think this is better instructions because it addresses the 'non standard' port of 6180: 35894 - Configure a reverse proxy system architecture for ArcGIS Server with IIS 7

I will try this...

0 Kudos