My location widget is crashing my app on mobile devices.

Jump to solution
11-09-2015 10:30 AM
BrianKeller__GISP
New Contributor III

I got a heads up from some end users today that using the my location button on one of our apps (confirmed its happening on all of them now) causes the application to crash and reload. I tried adjusting the timeout setting but that didnt seem to help.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I can share the url to the app if anyone needs it, id rather not post it here publicly.

halp!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianKeller__GISP
New Contributor III

So one of the above posters was correct, the issue returned this week for us, and setting the zoom scale level in the config solved the problem.

Your MyLocation config should look something like this:

{

"locateButton": {

"geolocationOptions": {

"timeout": 15000

},

"highlightLocation": true,

"scale": 1500

}

}

The "scale" line is what you need to add, set the value to whatever works.

Shout out to Robert Scheitlin, GISP for his assistance as usual!

rscheitlin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

Hmm. just tested on my main site using my iPhone and I had no issue.

0 Kudos
BrianKeller__GISP
New Contributor III

Can i have you try and open my app on one of your devices?

Just sent you a pm with the link

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sure just PM me with the url

0 Kudos
BrianKeller__GISP
New Contributor III

Just got your pm saying it seems to be working fine for you. How strange.

Im sitting here with both an android and an ipad and its locking up both apps. Using some of our simpler ArcGIS online apps and the locate tool, no issues at all, only with WAB.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I will try on my Windows 10 tablet and let you know. I was initially only testing on my iPhone.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

When you say it is locking up. You mean the app becomes unresponsive? I am now testing on Win 10 tablet using Chrome browser and have the my location widget active and continuing to track and I have no problem opening other widget and turning layer on and off in the Layer List widget.

0 Kudos
BrianKeller__GISP
New Contributor III

On our Ipad it full on crashes and reopens the app. It locks up with my android phone using chrome.

0 Kudos
BrianKeller__GISP
New Contributor III

So looking at it now at my desk, it seems like the widget works, it zooms to my location, but as soon as you try and pan/zoom it crashes.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

You are seeing some strange behavior. On windows 10 Tablet using chrome (latest version) I can activate the locate widget and still pan and zoom fine.

0 Kudos