ArcGIS Online Story Map Journal -- Address Search Tool

Jump to solution
11-06-2015 09:13 AM
PhilipGriffith
New Contributor III

When creating a story map using the Story Map Swipe and Spyglass template, I have the ability to enable an address search tool within the App Layout tab of the Application Settings menu. I would like to create a story map using the Story Map Journal template. Am I able to incorporate the address search tool into this template? If so, how?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Phillip,

There isn't a way to add an address search in Map Journal at this time, but we are considering that for a future release. In the meantime, you can put your map into a different configurable app that does have an address search (like the Basic Viewer, Map Tools, Web AppBuilder, or Map Series) and then embed that app in your Map Journal app. There's more information on how to do that in this blog post:

Embedding a Story Map within a Story Map | ArcGIS Blog

Hope this is helpful!
Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Phillip,

There isn't a way to add an address search in Map Journal at this time, but we are considering that for a future release. In the meantime, you can put your map into a different configurable app that does have an address search (like the Basic Viewer, Map Tools, Web AppBuilder, or Map Series) and then embed that app in your Map Journal app. There's more information on how to do that in this blog post:

Embedding a Story Map within a Story Map | ArcGIS Blog

Hope this is helpful!
Owen

Owen Evans
PhilipGriffith
New Contributor III

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks so much for the quick reply!

KarenEdelstein
New Contributor II

I want to affirm how important and helpful it would be in the story map I'm building if there was an option to add the address finder. Please do put it in!!! Thanks for all your inspiring work!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Karen,

I'm not sure which app you are using for your story map, but if you are using Map Series it does currently have the ability to add an address finder. It's in Settings under Map options.

Owen

2015-12-14 at 10.08.27 AM.JPG

2015-12-14 at 10.08.58 AM.JPG

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any way to have the address search configured to point to a specific layer (Like you can when building a Web App)?

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Lisa

Both Map Journal and Map Series support layer-based feature search defined in the web map. So if the web map(s) you are including in your story map have a layer-based search configured in them (you define that when you author the web map), then that search will be available via the Address/Place/Feature Finder control in the story map if you enable it. For example in Map Journal:

For more info, please see: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/storymaps/blog/2017/03/02/arcgis-blog-whats-new-in-... 

I think the above is what you are after. If not let us know.

Rupert

0 Kudos