AnsweredAssumed Answered

Exporting table to sde

Question asked by nigel_ngl2 on Nov 4, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2015 by nigel_ngl2

HI, My objective is to export a featureclass to sde.

My code is as follows:

IPropertySet propertySet = new PropertySetClass();

propertySet.SetProperty("SERVER", "3019-h2-xyz");

propertySet.SetProperty("INSTANCE", "SDE:SQLSERVER:TEMP-INS-COM");

propertySet.SetProperty("DATABASE", "foo");

propertySet.SetProperty("AUTHENTICATION_MODE", "OSA");

propertySet.SetProperty("VERSION", "dbo.DEFAULT");

IWorkspaceFactory workspaceFactory = new SdeWorkspaceFactoryClass();

IFeatureWorkspace pArcSDEFeatureWorksapce = workspaceFactory.Open(propertySet, 0)  as IFeatureWorspace

IWorkspace2 pWS2 = pArcSDEFeatureWorksapce as IWorkspace2;

if (pWS2.get_NameExists(esriDatasetType.esriDTTable, intersect_featurename))

{

IDataset pExistingDataset = pArcSDEFeatureWorksapce.OpenTable(intersect_featurename) as IDataset;

if (pExistingDataset.CanDelete())

{

pExistingDataset.Delete();

}

}

Geoprocessor pGp = new Geoprocessor();

DisplayMessage("Exporting to SDE....");

TableToGeodatabase pTableToGeodatabase = new TableToGeodatabase();

pTableToGeodatabase.Input_Table = intersectOutputFeatureClass.AliasName;

pTableToGeodatabase.Output_Geodatabase = pArcSDEFeatureWorksapce;

pGp.Execute(pTableToGeodatabase, null);

The pArcSDEFeatureWorksapce allows me to retrieve and delete any feautureclasses. Also if I connect to this database connection in  arccatalog and then run this code it exports a featureclass to sde. But if the connection in arc-catalog is disconnected the execution fails. If I am connecting to an arcsde workspace programmatically then why do I have to connect to an existing connection and then execute the tool?

Also this connection works fine in model builder without having me connect a connection in catalog.

Regards,

Nigel.

Outcomes