when i am applying interpolation tool, then i defined the extent(interpolation boundary) of interpolation but it did not working. so what are the parameter should be defined?

11-05-2015 06:04 AM
LitanMohanty
New Contributor

when i am applying interpolation tool, then i defined the extent(interpolation boundary) of interpolation but it did not working. so what are the parameter should be defined?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Which interpolation method? and did you set the environment using the Environments tab within the tool? or from the general properties?  You should use the former method... set your environments as soon as you open a tool...assuming the defaults will be used is just wrong.  Also, if memory serves, one method doesn't honour some properties, but I am not going to search all methods, but the ones that don't, say so in the tool help

0 Kudos
LukeSturtevant
Occasional Contributor III

Litan, is this problem in addition to the one you posted here: i am applying interpolation tool, that time i am defining the output cell size 75, here the process...

Are you getting a raster output, but not masked to your specified extent?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I suspect so... it appears that the individual is missing the big .... at the bottom where nobody can see it.... Environments button.  Click it, set stuff, no problems.

0 Kudos