Is ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt 10.2.6 compatible with Qt version 5.5.1?

Jump to solution
11-04-2015 12:03 AM
Arist-ViktorGrosse
New Contributor

The system requirements says, that ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt 10.2.6 is compatible with Qt version 5.4.1 and higher compiled with MSVC 2013. Is this valid for the current release 5.5.1 too?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yes, this should work- anything after 5.4.1 should work. We compiled our 10.2.6 API at 5.4.1, so it can't be consumed by Qt SDKs from before then (e.g. 5.3), but it should work with Qt SDK binaries after 5.4.1 (e.g. 5.4.2, 5.5 or 5.5.1). I just downloaded and tried with 5.5.1 and was able to build and run successfully.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Yes, this should work- anything after 5.4.1 should work. We compiled our 10.2.6 API at 5.4.1, so it can't be consumed by Qt SDKs from before then (e.g. 5.3), but it should work with Qt SDK binaries after 5.4.1 (e.g. 5.4.2, 5.5 or 5.5.1). I just downloaded and tried with 5.5.1 and was able to build and run successfully.

tanerkoka1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Lucas,

Can Android applications work in 5.5 or 5.5.1 version of Qt with in 10.2.6 API ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ShadyKamel
New Contributor II

Hi,

Yes it is compatible, I used the 10.2.6 runtime across all platforms Windows, Android, Mac OS, and iOS and it works fine. I used the following features:

- Online & Offline Mapping .

- Online routing using online secured Mapping & routing services.

- Offline routing using local maps(TPKs) and network datasets

- Identity management for accessing secure services.

Hope this is helpful.

Sent from Outlook Mobile<https://aka.ms/blhgte>

0 Kudos
ShadyKamel
New Contributor II

This is to confirm also that I am able to compile the runtime on QT 5.5.1 succesfully also without any issues. Except for the IOS which needs the special build by Esri. On 5.4.1 You can normally have 5.5.1 version and add this as another version for your QT project.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Shady-

You should also be able to use 5.5.1 for iOS. Starting at 5.5, the SSL libraries that were needed were included with Qt, so we did not have to do a special build as with 5.4.1. Give it a try when you get a chance. However, you can still use the 5.4.1 kit that we provide.

Thanks,

Luke