esri.geometry.normalizeCentralMeridian error on calling gp.submitJob

11-02-2015 09:38 AM
JonMorris2
Occasional Contributor II

I'm getting an error

Error: esri.geometry.normalizeCentralMeridian: 'geometryService' argument is missing.

when I call submitJob on my GP service. I'm not making a call to normalizeCentralMeridian anywhere on my site or in my tool script, but it gets called somewhere down in init.js after I submit the job.

This is the only of my GP services where I've seen this error and it's the only one where some of the input parameters are feature classes that are an output from a previous calculation, so may that be something to do with it.

cc ArcGIS for ServerDevelopersGeoprocessing

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonMorris2
Occasional Contributor II

So, I'm thinking this error is because I'm trying to input a feature class and some kind of validation is going on under the hood. It's not entirely clear if this behaviour is supported though.

At 10.0, feature classes are clearly not supported (see Input data types section here), but at 10.3, it is less clear. It looks like a feature class is a transportable dataset and it should work (and the tool published without error, which would also suggest that it is possible). The thing is, I have set parameter type as Feature Class in ArcGIS Desktop, yet the REST services directory says the parameter is a GPFeatureRecordSetLayer.

So, can I pass feature classes as parameters or not?

0 Kudos