Weighted Overlay Problem - "Restricted" not working.

11-02-2015 03:23 PM
ChristopherStebbins
New Contributor

I’m having trouble with the Weighted Overlay Analysis.  I have three raster inputs each with values of 3, 2, and 1:

1. Affordable Parcels
  2. Large Parcel Patches
  3. Building Presence (only covers Chatham County)

The Building Presence raster has pixels with no data value that covers pixels from the other input rasters.

Therefore, if I set this value to “Restricted” in the analysis window it shouldn’t be considered in the output…

…except that it is anyway. The areas of No Data in Building Presence are overwriting the other rasters.  I’m at a stand-still—this is perhaps a nasty ESRI bug.

I have attached a geodatabase with the input rasters and four Weighted Overlay attempts, showing how the area to the southwest shows no values.  Please help!

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

downloading a gdb on an iThingy can't happen, screen grabs even better.  In any event, you are sure that you have separated the roles of nodata and restricted in your mind according to the help topic discussion here...

How Weighted Overlay works—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

under the topic "using restricted and nodata for the scale value"

Should everything be good on your side, can you provide a screen grab with your best go showing where the rules are being broken/ignored.  It may be in error in which fact, can it be assumed that you are using ArcMap 10.3.1 fully patched, since previous errors or inconsistencies may already have been dealt with and are documented in the upgrade/patch/version documentation on the downloads site.

0 Kudos