Do Update Item Capabilities work for WAB applications in AGO?

Jump to solution
10-29-2015 02:18 PM
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

Scenario: I have a Web AppBuilder application of which I am the owner/creator, and I want someone else in my organization to be able to edit it (add widgets, etc.). The administrator (not me) created a group for shared editing. I have shared this WAB application and two others (those two are not WAB apps), and another member in the shared editing group is unable to edit the WAB app. This user sees and can select Edit Application on the other two non-WABs, but cannot see the option to edit the WAB application.

I feel as if I am missing something somewhere since I have not come across other discussions about this sort of issue with shared editing of a Web AppBuilder application. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

It looks like the answer is no, not yet.  Too bad, I was hoping we could implement that too.  I'd say the work-around is to create a new, shared account for the collaborators to use and then change ownership of the item to this new user.

Create groups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Note:

Currently, the scene viewer, presentation viewer, and ArcGIS apps do not support the update item capability. For example, as a member of such a group, you can update the item details of a scene shared to the group from My Content, but you cannot modify the scene from within the scene viewer. Support will be added in future releases.

GISP

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

It looks like the answer is no, not yet.  Too bad, I was hoping we could implement that too.  I'd say the work-around is to create a new, shared account for the collaborators to use and then change ownership of the item to this new user.

Create groups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Note:

Currently, the scene viewer, presentation viewer, and ArcGIS apps do not support the update item capability. For example, as a member of such a group, you can update the item details of a scene shared to the group from My Content, but you cannot modify the scene from within the scene viewer. Support will be added in future releases.

GISP