Are there styles available to make AttributeInspector look more like a form?

Jump to solution
10-27-2015 02:42 PM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I would like to change the style of the attribute inspector to look more like a typical HTML form.  I see there are classes for atiLayerName, atiField and atiLabel.  I've tried adjusting the margins and padding on these, but I can't get the look I want.  I'd rather have the label above the input box and have that box underneath it.  I want the box positioned so that it's justified to the left, lining up with the label. 

Has anyone accomplished this to their satisfaction that can share their style settings?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

This is working pretty well for me.  It moves the field names over the input and expands the input so that it lines up below it.

.esriAttributeInspector .atiLayerName {

margin: 15px;

font-size: 1em;

}

.esriAttributeInspector .atiField {

margin-top:5px;

margin-left: -75px;

width: 325px;

padding: 3px;

}

.esriAttributeInspector .atiLabel {

margin: 1px;

padding-left: 3px;

padding-bottom: 40px;

font-weight:bolder;

margin-bottom: 3px;

}

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Tracy Schloss​ it might be tricky to get the attribute inspector to display as you want. If you are only provide a few input fields and don't need to  handle domains then it might just be easier for you to build a form yourself and then when users submit the form you can call applyEdits on the feature layer to add the feature. Here's a link to a sample that does this:

Report Graffiti

I've also attached the code as a zip.

TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I appreciate when you include attachments.  I can get to jsBin and jsFiddle, but dropbox and Google docs are both blocked.    You never know what turns out to defined as a security risk. 

This will go with the popupTemplate you just helped me with.  I'm sure to have more postings as I deal with trying to make this all into a seamless workflow to the user.  I haven't used Edit much yet. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I recently received an email from another geonet user letting me know that dropbox and jsbin are often blocked so I try to remember to include attachments now. If I forget feel free to remind me.

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Tracy,

Have you looked at the geoform template:

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=931653256fd24301a84fc77955914a82

Regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, but I'm not looking for a Web Map solution.   I need more control over the interface than I can get from those templates.

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

This is working pretty well for me.  It moves the field names over the input and expands the input so that it lines up below it.

.esriAttributeInspector .atiLayerName {

margin: 15px;

font-size: 1em;

}

.esriAttributeInspector .atiField {

margin-top:5px;

margin-left: -75px;

width: 325px;

padding: 3px;

}

.esriAttributeInspector .atiLabel {

margin: 1px;