help - can't access a service from AGO

10-27-2015 10:35 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI all -

I've created a service with AGS. I can access it via ArcMap.

When I go to AGO, then I go to My Content, and do the Add Item > From the Web I can load the service but I don't get the pop-up asking if I want to store the creds. So it is constantly asking for my creds. ?! Where's my pop-up? Is there another way to tell it to store the creds?

Thanks in advance!!!

Joanna

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joanna,

In order to store credentials with an ArcGIS Server service, the service must be accessible externally (i.e. to the public).

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's not right because I have another service that's not public that has credentials stored. Why would it be that way?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Try adding the following service:

http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/SaveTheBay/FeatureServer/0

You should be prompted for credentials.  (username/password:  user1)

Not sure how the other service is added if it's an internal service.  If you add the service as an item again, are you prompted for credentials?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That did prompt me.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This happened to me again today and annoyingly I didn't document the solution. Here's my problem.

1) I create a service.

Capture.PNG

2) I add the service to My Content in AGO. There was *no* prompt to store creds.

Capture.PNG

It takes forever then prompts again for creds (duh, because it didn't store them!). It adds it.

3) Then any time I try to do anything, it freaking asks for the creds again!!!! UGHHHHHH!

Capture.PNG

How to I make sure it store the creds to start with?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Did you change your password?  I know we have to change ours every 90 days...so maybe?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's a good thought, but it's accepting the service, so it's the right one. It just isn't storing it.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Can you provide the URL you are entering?  I would like to see if I'm prompted for credentials when adding it.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not a public service, but I suppose you might still see if there's a prompt or not.

https://mapsdev.vcgi.org/arcgis/rest/services/AGR_services_secure/FARMVIEW_WM_CACHE_v1/FeatureServer

0 Kudos