What determines size of maximized infoWindow, how to increase font

Jump to solution
10-27-2015 02:16 PM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

It seems like it would be a useful thing for the maximize button on an infoWindow to do something besides make the window bigger.  Wouldn't it be nice to have the font size increased too?  It seems like that would help people with low vision.  I'm not sure how you might go about that.  I don't see an event for when the window is maximized, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Tracy Schloss​ you could quite easily accomplish this using css. If you use the css inspection tools available in most browsers you'll see that a class named esriPopupMaximized is added to the popup after you press the maximize button.  You can add a css rule for the popup content, title and title buttons to increase the size when the class is present. Here's an example of how this would look:

.esriPopupMaximized .contentPane, .esriPopupMaximized .titlePane .title, .esriPopupMaximized .titlePane .titleButton {
  font-size: large;
}

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KellyHutchins

Tracy Schloss​ you could quite easily accomplish this using css. If you use the css inspection tools available in most browsers you'll see that a class named esriPopupMaximized is added to the popup after you press the maximize button.  You can add a css rule for the popup content, title and title buttons to increase the size when the class is present. Here's an example of how this would look:

.esriPopupMaximized .contentPane, .esriPopupMaximized .titlePane .title, .esriPopupMaximized .titlePane .titleButton {
  font-size: large;
}
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I've been looking at the styles that are assigned and I didn't see that there's a change in class.  It all  stayed the same .esriPopup .contentPane to me.  However, when I added your suggestion to the CSS, it did the trick.  Thanks Kelly!

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Glad it helped.  As far as the class being added  here's an example of what I see when I inspect the popup after I've maximized the popup.

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 2.33.47 PM.png

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

There it is!  I wasn't looking high enough.  I was focused on 'sizer'.

0 Kudos