AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I make a dot density/graduated symbol hybrid map?

Question asked by rhowell2 on Oct 26, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 by balke13

I have a point file showing locations that I want the end result to be a dot density map that will vary based on scale. For example, when you zoom out, the points near each other will merge into one graduated symbol, while zooming in will cause the dots to separate, so that at a fine scale you can discern individual points.


I've been told that, perhaps on arcgis online, it is possible to set it up where it will do this automatically, but I'm not sure what it's called exactly so I'm having a hard time finding it. Any suggestions?


Thanks in advance